Hearing implant centre
We care for people with hearing loss. We're the largest hearing implant centre in London and the south east of England.
Our service offers:
- diagnosis, assessment for hearing implants, hearing aid fittings and rehabilitation
- surgery to fit hearing implants
- lifelong management of people with hearing implants to ensure the best possible sound
- rehabilitation support for people with hearing implants
We offer the latest hearing implants from the major hearing implant companies including:
- cochlear implants (CI)
- electro-acoustic stimulation (EAS), using a cochlear implant and natural hearing together
- auditory brainstem implants (ABI)
- middle ear implants (MEI)
- bone conduction implants (BCHI)
We provide a full range of hearing implants for children and young people with hearing loss.
Our hearing implant team includes:
- specialist consultants
- speech and language therapists
- teachers of the deaf
- clinical psychologists
- aural rehabilitation specialists
- assistant technical officers
We've produced a series of short videos about:
- the assessment process for cochlear implants
- surgery for cochlear implants
- living with your implants
The NHS website also has information on different types of implants.
Using your hearing implant
YouTube videos about using your cochlear implant processor:
- for patients with a Kanso processor
- for patients with a Cochlear Nucleus 7 system
- for patients with a MED-EL Rondo processor
- for patients with a MED-EL Sonnet processor
YouTube videos about using your bone conduction implant processor.
- for patients with a MED-EL Samba processor
- for patients with a Cochlear BAHA 4 processor
- for patients with a Cochlear BAHA 5 processor
- for patients with a Oticon Ponto 3 processor
Research and clinical trials
Our hearing implant centre’s research team is involved in scientific research and national clinical trials.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you’re unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They’ll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.