Hearing implant centre
We care for people with hearing loss. We're the largest hearing implant centre in London and the south east of England.
Our service offers:
- diagnosis, assessment for hearing implants, hearing aid fittings and rehabilitation
- surgery to fit hearing implants
- lifelong management of people with hearing implants to ensure the best possible sound
- rehabilitation support for people with hearing implants
We offer the latest hearing implants from all the major hearing implant companies including:
- cochlear implants (CI)
- electro-acoustic stimulation (EAS), using a cochlear implant and natural hearing together
- auditory brainstem implants (ABI)
- middle ear implants (MEI)
- bone conduction implants (BCHI)
We provide a full range of hearing implants for children and young people with hearing loss.
Our hearing implant team includes:
- specialist consultants
- speech and language therapists
- teachers of the deaf
- clinical psychologists
- aural rehabilitation specialists
- assistant technical officers
We've produced a series of short videos about:
The Listening Room on the Advanced Bionics website offers free activities and resources to strengthen your listening skills.
The Advanced Bionics hearing journey support group is an online community to chat and share stories about cochlear implants and hearing loss.
Hearing Success has information, resources, tips, activities and communities to support you.
RNID has information and support for people who are deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus, and for people who support someone with hearing loss.
Hearing Link provides a wide range of personalised hearing support services.
The British Cochlear Implant Group (BCIG) provides information for people about cochlear implants.
National Cochlear Implant Support Group provides support to cochlear implants users.
Tinnitus UK helps people with tinnitus.
The Stroke Association supports people to rebuild their lives after a stroke.
The NHS website also has information on:
YouTube videos about using your cochlear implant processor:
- for patients with a Kanso processor
- for patients with a Cochlear Nucleus 8 system
- for patients with an Advanced Bionics Marvel Cl
- for patients with a MED-EL Rondo 3 processor
- for patients with a MED-EL Sonnet 2 processor
YouTube videos about using your bone conduction implant processor:
Research and clinical trials
Our hearing implant centre’s research team is involved in scientific research and national clinical trials.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you’re unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They’ll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
Last updated: November 2023