Guy's and St Thomas' is involved in providing a range of services which utilise the skills and know-how that we have developed in our core activity of treating NHS patients.
These services are managed on a commercial basis and generate significant financial surpluses, which are invested in improving facilities for NHS patients. Commercial activities are structured to minimise any financial risk to the Trust and to public funds.
Our commercial activities include:
- private healthcare
- commercial research, trials, IPR, and spin-out companies
- international healthcare management and consultancy
- pathology, pharmaceutical production, toxicology
- occupational health
- retail space and site rental at our hospitals
- facilitating market entry for new services to the NHS.
For further information please see our Commercial Services website.