Coronavirus (COVID-19): rapid access diagnostic clinic update
Due to increased demand on the hospital due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are having to make significant changes to our services which may require cancellation of appointments.
We are attempting to contact all patients with a scheduled telephone appointment. Depending on the outcome of this call you may be:
- sent straight to test, this will be explained to you on the call
- given a face-to-face appointment
- discharged with a management plan in place
For further advice please call us on 020 7188 7188 ext 55667. Leave a message including your name, hospital number or NHS number and contact details.
If you are an existing patient who has previously been seen in our service and need advice from the clinical team please see below for the appropriate option:
- For any queries regarding your appointment or the contact details we have for you
- Clinical advice (Including advice around existing, longstanding conditions. Non urgent change to your clinical condition, update on clinical symptoms prior to appointment)
Telephone on 0207 188 7188 ext 55667 if you:
- Need to urgently discuss your clinical condition
- Don’t have access to email or our website
- Please leave a message on this number if necessary and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that some staff are working remotely and may not be able to get back to you straight away.
Please click on the following link for a list of frequently asked questions. If your query is not covered in the FAQs, please either email or call us as detailed above.
Advice and guidance
We are doing everything we can to support GPs and your patients.
Before any referral, GPs should seek advice and guidance on e-RS or by contacting us on Consultant Connect. This service is available Monday to Friday, as per the rota available on e-RS. Please use this service for urgent advice or to highlight referrals with high clinical suspicion of cancer.
For non-urgent queries, email email@example.com.
Please consider the clinical need and if the patient fits into a site specific pathway before making a referral.
All referrals will undergo a telephone triage. Please ensure you provide an up-to-date clinical history and RDC filter tests.
These include recent renal function, FBC, CRP, ESR, LFTs, bone profile, TSH, CA125/PSA, myeloma screen, FIT test (if GI symptoms), CXR and Abdominal US (if abdominal pain).
Please note we are unable to see house or bed-bound patients, or patients with very limited mobility (stretcher bound).
The rapid access diagnostic clinic provides quick access to a range of diagnostic tests for patients, whose symptoms are non specific but concerning and who need a diagnosis so that a treatment plan can be put in place for them.
We offer patients further investigation of symptoms they may have discussed with their GP, through additional tests. These could include: blood tests, imaging tests such as CT scans, endoscopy or other tests.
This is an innovative new service available across Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, based on a successful healthcare model developed in Denmark – a country with a similar healthcare system to England.