Directions: From main North Wing entrance, turn right at main reception, then left into North Wing. Take the lift up to the 10th floor and follow signs for Albert Ward.
Albert ward is a 28 bedded unit, caring for patients with various medical conditions and is known as a general medicine ward.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are 2pm - 8pm, with no more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- To reduce the risk of infection, please do not sit on the beds.
- You can use your mobile phone on the ward, but please respect other patients while using it, especially when they may be asleep. Please make sure that it is kept on silent at all times.
Your care on Albert Ward
- Number of beds: 28 (four single rooms, three 4-bedded bays and two 6-bedded bays)
- Staff: 41 nurses, including registered nurses and nursing assistants, a ward physiotherapist and dietitian and a housekeeping team. The ward is also supported by occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, social workers and specialist nurses. You can expect to see a consultant up to three times a week.
Our welcome pack
We provide more information about your stay in our welcome pack. This contains a welcome booklet, which explains what to expect during your stay and what will happen on the day you are ready to leave hospital.
It also includes things to help make your stay as comfortable as possible, such as ear plugs, an eye mask, hand wipes, toothpaste, a toothbrush and non-slip socks.
The consultants carry out ward rounds three times a week. You can expect to be seen by a member of the medical team on a daily basis from Monday - Friday. At the weekend, the nursing staff and/or your medical team will arrange a medical review by the on-call team if you need this.
The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
- Breakfast – 8.30am
- Lunch – 12.30pm
- Dinner – 5.30pm.
There are seven hot drinks rounds per day on Albert Ward, however if you need a hot drink at any time, please ask a member of nursing staff and they will be happy to help.
See our meals page for more information on mealtimes.
Facilities on the ward
There is a day room for you and your visitors to use. Please respect the area and keep it clean.
The Hospedia (formerly patientline) service by your bed offers a radio that you can use for free and a television, which you have to pay for. It also offers a telephone.
Tell us what you think
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question or compliment or concern, please: