Directions: From the main entrance, walk straight, past the reception and turn left into Tower Wing. Continue straight until you see signs for Bermondsey Wing on your right. Walk through Atrium 2 and take the stairs or lift to the 2nd floor.
Blundell ward is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) / head and neck ward.
- Number of beds: 22, including six 'step down' beds.
- Staff: 36 nurses, three nursing assistants, a housekeeping team, receptionist and ward clerk.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are 2pm-7.30pm.
- No more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- To reduce the risk of infection, please do not sit on the beds.
- Cut flowers are not allowed on the ward.
- You can use your mobile phone on the ward, but please respect other patients while using it, especially when they may be asleep. Please make sure that it is kept on silent mode at all times.
Your care on Blundell ward
Our welcome pack
We provide more information about your stay in our welcome pack. This contains a welcome booklet, which explains what to expect during your stay and what will happen on the day you are ready to leave hospital.
It also includes things to help make your stay as comfortable as possible, such as ear plugs, an eye mask, hand wipes, toothpaste, a toothbrush and non-slip socks.
Ward rounds generally start at 8.30am. The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
- breakfast: 8am
- lunch: 12 noon
- dinner: 6pm.
We have a 'protected mealtime' policy between 12noon-2pm so you can eat without being interrupted.
Hot drinks are always available from the tea trolley, please ask the nursing staff or catering assistant. Our catering assistant will also do a tea round in the morning and in the afternoon.
See our meals page for more information.
Facilities on the ward
There is a day room for you and your visitors to use. Please respect the area and keep it clean.
The Hospedia (formerly patientline) service by your bed offers a radio that you can use for free and a television, which you have to pay for. It also offers a telephone.
Tell us what you think
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question or compliment or concern, please: