Directions: At the main entrance turn left and follow the corridor all the way round. Go past pharmacy and A&E and enter East Wing. Take the lift to the third floor and follow directions to Evan-Jones Ward. The unit is at the bottom of this ward on the right hand side.
The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) looks after patients who need a higher level of care than normal after acute heart-related illnesses, such as a heart attack.
Your care on the CCU
- number of beds: six
- staff: ratio – one nurse to two patients, three nurses per shift.
- ward rounds: start at 8am. You will be given a named nurse at the start of every shift, which run from 7.30am - 8pm and 7.30pm - 8am. The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
Information for visitors
- two visitors per patient at any one time
- visiting hours are 2-7.30pm
- cut flowers are not allowed on the ward
- we have a rest period for patients between 12 noon and 2pm
- you can use your mobile phone on the ward, but please respect other patients while using it, especially when they may be asleep. Please keep your phone on silent.
- breakfast: 9am
- lunch: 1pm
- dinner: 5-6pm.
Meals will be brought to your bedside and you can choose your lunch and dinner on the day from a variety of food options. We have a 'protected mealtime' policy between 12 noon and 2pm so you can eat without being interrupted.
See our meals page for more information about mealtimes
Hot drinks are available at all times from the tea trolley. This is free for patients, but we ask visitors to make a small donation. Our catering assistant will also do a tea round in the morning and in the afternoon.
Tell us what you think
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question or compliment or concern, please: