1st floor, Bermondsey Wing
Great Maze Pond
London SE1 7RT
Tel: 020 7188 5993
Matron: Penny Minchin
Sister: Kate Wyburd
Tel: 020 7188 5431
Matron: Penny Minchin
Sister: Sohee Mamon
Download Queen and Sarah Wards map (PDF 48Kb).
Directions: From the main entrance, walk straight, past the reception and turn left into Tower Wing. Continue straight until you see signs for Bermondsey Wing on your right. Walk through Atrium 2 and take the stairs or lift to the 1st floor.
Queen and Sarah Wards both specialise in breast surgery, orthopaedic surgery, plastic surgery and neuromodulation surgery.
- Queen Ward is for male patients
- Sarah Ward for female patients
- Number of beds: 41 across both wards.
- Staff (on each ward): ward sister, consultants, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, housekeeping team, ward clerk.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are 2pm-8pm, with no more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- To reduce the risk of infection, please do not sit on the beds.
- You can use your mobile phone on the ward, but please respect other patients while using it, especially when they may be asleep. Please make sure that it is kept on silent mode at all times.
Your care on Queen and Sarah Wards
Our welcome pack
We provide more information about your stay in our welcome pack. This contains a welcome booklet, which explains what to expect during your stay and what will happen on the day you are ready to leave hospital.
It also includes things to help make your stay as comfortable as possible, such as ear plugs, an eye mask, hand wipes, toothpaste, a toothbrush and non-slip socks.
Ward rounds generally start at 8am. The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
- Breakfast - 7.30am
- Lunch - 12 noon
- Dinner - 5.30pm
We have a 'protected mealtime' policy between 12noon-2pm so you can eat without being interrupted.
Hot drinks are always available from the tea trolley, in the corridor opposite the kitchen. This is free for patients, but we ask visitors to make a small donation. Our catering assistant will also do a tea round in the morning and in the afternoon.
See our meals page for more information.
Facilities on the ward
There is a day room for you and your visitors to use. Please respect the area and keep it clean.
The Hospedia (formerly patientline) service by your bed offers a radio that you can use for free and a television, which you have to pay for. It also offers a telephone.
Tell us what you think
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question or compliment or concern, please: