We provide treatment for inflammatory and other vulval conditions.
The vulva is a woman's external genital area. It includes:
- the lips surrounding the entrance to the vagina
- the clitoris and the skin surrounding it
Some skin conditions can also affect the skin around the anus.
We care for adults and children with:
- all inflammatory vulval conditions
- non-cancerous (benign) lesions
- vulval intra-epithelial neoplasia (VIN)
- extra-mammary Paget's (EMP)
- vulval pain
- non-sexually acquired infections
We also work with other services who can provide:
- physiotherapy, pain management or psychological support if you need it
- Moh's micrographic surgery for basal cell carcinomas (skin cancer) of the vulva
- laser treatment of lymphangiectasia and other conditions
We see people from our local community and the rest of the UK.
Our clinics include:
- a combined clinic with a gynaecological surgeon for patients with VIN and EMP
- a combined clinic for patients with overlap with hidradenitis suppurativa and Crohns disease
- a children's clinic
Fiona Lewis is our consultant dermatologist.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can email [email protected] for more information.
Last updated: September 2023