Wound care and pressure ulcers
Our tissue viability team provide treatment, advice and education on:
- managing wounds
- preventing pressure ulcers
- advice on wound treatment and dressing choices
- leg ulcer assessment and management
- pressure ulcer assessment, management and prevention
- vacuum assisted closure (VAC)
- education and training
Our service is nurse-led and run by tissue viability nurses (TVNs).
We see people in:
- their own homes
- our hospitals
- care homes
- community health centres, including:
We work with:
- district nursing teams
- practice nurses
- nursing homes
- other health professionals
We also provide advice and support to nursing and health professionals. We aim to develop and improve standards of care.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
Last updated: September 2023