Amputee rehabilitation unit
We're an inpatient centre with 12 beds providing amputee rehabilitation for up to 7 weeks.
We have an:
- inpatient amputee ward on the first floor of Lambeth community care centre
- amputee rehabilitation space on the ground floor of Lambeth community care centre
- award-winning rehabilitation garden
Our aim is for you to return to an independent lifestyle. We provide specialist rehabilitation for adults who have had major amputation, including:
- upper limb loss
- lower limb loss
- multi-limb loss
We see people who are:
- having, or who have recently had, an amputation
- are experiencing difficulties managing their loss of limbs
We work with people with different levels of ability. We'll challenge you every day to meet goals set for you by members of our team.
Your rehabilitation may include the use of a prosthetic limb. This will depend on the results of your assessment by our team.
We treat people with stable, non-infected open wounds on their stumps. If you're very poorly or have an infection, you might see a different team.
Our team is made up of:
- nursing staff
- occupational therapists
- a prosthetist
- a counsellor
- rehabilitation assistants
- a pharmacist
- a vascular nurse specialist
- a chaplain
Read our information about leg amputation and rehabilitation afterwards.