All NHS GP referrals must be submitted using the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS). Referrals sent by email or post from NHS GPs will not be processed.
Making a referral
- orthopaedic surgeons
- occupational therapists
- GPs and other doctors
Referrals from therapists must be in consultation with a paediatrician, surgeon, GP or other doctor.
Referrals to our service should say the reason for referral. Please say if:
- it is a baseline assessment
- the assessment to assist in treatment decision-making
- you think the patient should have a particular treatment
- it is a follow-up assessment
- the patient needs to be assessed with their orthoses or assistive devices
Please include any relevant information about your patient, for example:
- learning or behavioural needs
- previous treatments
Please include a copy of the most recent clinic letter with the referral.
For a gait analysis appointment, patients should be:
- able to walk a distance of 15 metres without stopping, on their own or with their assistive devices
- able to relax and follow instructions for 2 hours 30 minutes
We also see children for gait analysis. If you are referring a child (3 years or over), please visit the gait laboratory referrals page on the Evelina London Children's website.
Last updated: October 2023