How to access our service
You must have a written referral from your hospital doctor.
Visiting the unit
- visiting time is 11am-8.30pm
- no more than two visitors per bed
- we operate a protected mealtime service between 12 noon and 1pm and 5pm to 6pm
- special arrangements for visiting must be made with the nurse in charge
- children must be accompanied by an adult.
BLESMA - The British Limbless Ex-Servicemen Association promotes the welfare of men and women who have lost a limb or limbs, or one or both eyes, or the use of limbs as a result of service in any branch of Her Majesty's Forces or Auxiliary Forces.
Limbless Association - UK charity for people with limb-loss, their family, friends and carers and the industry and healthcare professionals who support them.
UK Limb Loss Information Centre - an online resource to guide individuals with congenital or acquired limb loss and their friends, family and carers through the emotional, physical and psychological process of coming to terms with limb loss.
Reach - The association for children with hand or arm deficiency.
STEPS - association for families of children with lower limb abnormalities.