Clinical research programmes
We have an active research programme and offer PhD doctoral research in fields ranging from:
- oral cancer and pre-cancer diagnosis and management
- immune-bullous disease
- microbiology, immunology, inflammatory and degenerative disease
- development and assessment of new diagnostic instruments
- physician and patient outcome measures.
Our department is an active participant within King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre including the Biomedical Research Centre (Guy's and St Thomas' and King’s College London) and the Centre for Medical Engineering at King’s. At King's College London, our academic team members are part of the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences and a world leader in dental, oral and craniofacial education and research.
We are an active UK centre for a number of international research collaborations having raised well over £2 million worth of grants in the last few years.
We present and publish our work at national and international research meetings including the:
- British Society for Oral Medicine
- Worldwide Workshop on Oral Medicine
- Pan European Federation of the IADR
- International Association for Dental Research.
We have published over 100 publications in international peer-reviewed journals and have an international academic reputation for the wide research work we do.
National and international publications and presentations
Apart from national and European oral medicine and healthcare meetings, members of the King's College London oral medicine team regularly present our work at the major international meetings including the:
- IADR (International Association for Dental Research)
- PEF IADR (Pan European federation of the IADR)
- WWOM (Worldwide Workshop on Oral Medicine)
We publish regularly in international peer-reviewed journals each year, with over a 100 publications in the last few years. We have an international academic reputation for the multidisciplinary research work we undertake in the department.