Learning disability community health team
We help adults with learning disabilities, their families and carers live healthier and happier lives.
Our team can help in the following ways:
- occupational therapists can help you learn new skills and think about where you want to live.
- physiotherapists can help you sit and lie down comfortably and help you if you have problems walking.
- audiologist can test how well you hear and help you keep your ears healthy.
- speech and language therapists can help you to communicate and to eat and drink more safely.
- community nurses can help you learn about and improve your health.
We can also help you with seeing your GP and other health services.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.