Coronavirus: learning disability community health team update
Due to increased demand on the hospital due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are having to make significant changes to our services, which may require cancellation of many appointments.
We are attempting to contact all patients with a future scheduled appointment.
Where possible we are changing appointments to a telephone consultation, and in certain circumstances, a video appointment. Some appointments may be cancelled without a future date being arranged at this stage. If we cancel your appointment you will remain on our waiting list and we will contact you in due course.
If you have not heard from us within three days of your scheduled appointment please contact us by emailing
If you are unable to use email or your query is urgent, please call the numbers below.
- Lewisham telephone: 078 3309 5475
- Lambeth and Southwark telephone: 078 3309 5475.
If you are an existing patient who has previously been seen in our service and need advice from the clinical team, please choose the most appropriate option.
Please note if you leave a message on this number it may be a few days before we are able to respond to your query.
Community learning disability health team
The community learning disability health team is a secondary care service made up of a number of health related specialist therapists and nurses.
We support people with learning disabilities and their family to maintain good health in Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham.
Our team includes:
- occupational therapists who can help you learn new skills and think about where you want to live
- physiotherapists who can help you sit and lie down comfortably and help you if you have problems walking
- audiologist who can test how well you hear and help you keep your ears healthy
- speech and language therapists who can help you to communicate and to eat and drink safely
- community nurses who can help you learn about and improve your health.
Alison Keens, head of vulnerable adults and prevention services
Telephone: 020 3228 9620