Musculoskeletal assessment service (MCATTS)
Your first appointment will be face-to-face.
Follow-up appointments may be face-to-face or by telephone.
How to get an appointment
Your GP can refer you if you live in Lambeth or Southwark.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
Phone: 020 7188 5094
Please call at least 24 hours before your appointment.
Before your appointment
Please wear comfortable, loose clothing for the physical assessment.
We may ask if you are comfortable undressing for the physical examination. You may bring a chaperone or ask for a chaperone when you arrive.
You can also ask for a male or female therapist. Please let us know before your appointment.
- a list of medicines you are taking
- a list of your medical conditions
- any information about you have about previous treatment
During your appointment
Your appointment will be with one of our specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapists. It can take up to 40 minutes.
The physiotherapist will:
- ask you about your medical history
- complete an individual assessment of your problem
- explore goals with you to guide your rehabilitation
- design a treatment plan for your injury or condition
- give advice on general health and lifestyle changes at home or work
- suggest leisure activities that may also help you to recover outside of physiotherapy
After we've talked about your condition, we might refer you to another service who can help you manage it.
You may need to have tests including:
After your appointment
We'll send a letter to you and your GP with details of your assessment. A follow-up appointment may be arranged if you need it, either in person or by telephone.
If you have any questions after your appointment, please email [email protected].