Andrology is a specialist area involving men's health such as fertility issues and sexual dysfunction.
Our andrology and genito-urethral reconstruction unit provides specialist services for patients in Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. It’s also a tertiary referral centre for the south of England.
The unit is one of the largest in London with two dedicated consultant specialists and a specialist nurse offering a range of procedures including:
- artificial urinary sphincter surgery
- genital reconstructive surgery including skin grating
- a full range of procedures for Peyronie’s disease
- microsurgical procedures for patients with male factor infertility including sperm retrieval.
We run a service with operative lists three days a week, as well as a regional out of hours service for andrological emergencies.
The unit has:
- specialist day surgery and 24 hour stay facilities for andrological patients
- specialist outpatient clinic facilities
- specialist penile rehabilitation clinics
- state-of-the-art equipment, including an operating microscope for microsurgical treatment of male factor infertility.
The unit also has an active andrological research program.