Directions: from the main North Wing entrance, turn left at main reception and follow signs for East Wing. When you have reached East Wing, take the lift up to the 10th floor.
Victoria High Dependency Unit receives patients from wards throughout the Trust, critical care and our emergency department (A&E).
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are 10am-7.30pm. Outside of these hours, please speak to the nurse in charge.
- No more than two visitors per patient at any one time.
- Young children are generally not allowed on the ward. This is for patient comfort and for infection control. Please speak to the nurse-in-charge if you have any concerns about this.
- Infection control is everyone’s responsibility. Please make sure to gel your hands as you enter and leave the ward and do not visit if you are unwell.
Your care on Victoria High Dependency Unit
If you have any special needs, please let us know as soon as possible, for example if you need a special diet while in hospital or transport or for social services to be arranged / restarted when you leave.
You will be seen by a critical care consultant every morning and afternoon. You may also be seen by other teams responsible for your care.
Nursing shift patterns are:
- 7.30am-8pm (day shift)
- 7.30pm-8am (night shift).
The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
- Breakfast – 8.30am
- Lunch – 12.30pm
- Dinner – 6.30pm
We have a 'protected mealtime' policy between 12.30-2pm so you can eat without being interrupted.
See our meals page for more information on mealtimes.
Facilities on the ward
There is a day room for your visitors to use. Please respect the area and keep it clean.
Please note that there no toilet available for visitors. Please use facilities by the main entrance.