12-week programme in Lambeth (tier 2)
Healthy weight programmes
Local early intervention and prevention services (LEIPS)
Our weight management programme aims for sustained weight loss by making lifestyle changes. This is known as a tier 2 weight management programme.
Our programme is for adults (over 18) living in Lambeth or registered with a GP in Lambeth. It is open to:
- adults with a BMI between 30 and 35, and 1 or more obesity-related health conditions
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) adults with a BMI above 27.5, and 1 or more obesity-related health conditions
- adults with a BMI between 35 and 40
The programme is run by specialist instructors, who'll make sure it meets your needs.
How to get an appointment
We take referrals from GPs in Lambeth. Contact your GP to find out if they can refer you.
After your referral, we'll phone you to:
- book a face-to-face assessment with one of our instructors
- give you information about the programme
- ask you about your current health
Changing or cancelling your appointment
Phone: 020 3049 5242
Please call us as soon as possible to change or cancel your appointment.
Before your appointment
Please bring a list of:
- your health conditions
- medicines you take
Your first appointment will last up to 45 minutes.
It will be face-to-face with one of our specialist instructors.
During the appointment, they'll:
- discuss the programme with you
- answer any questions you have
- complete a medical questionnaire with you and take your:
- blood pressure
- do a step test to check your physical abilities
If you're suitable for the programme, we'll give you a letter to tell you when the classes start.
If we decide the programme is not suitable for you, we'll:
- book you to see our diet and nutrition advisor for 6 weeks of 1-to-1 support, or
- discharge you back to your GP
The programme includes 12 weeks of group sessions. The sessions are held once a week on weekdays. You can choose to attend daytime or evening sessions. These can be face-to-face or online.
During the sessions we'll give you:
- diet and nutrition advice
- exercise sessions
- motivational support
We'll also give you support after the programme has finished to help you maintain your changes.
After your appointment
If you need help or advice, please contact us.
Last updated: October 2023