Heart valve services
Your appointment may be:
How to get an appointment
You can ask your GP or other health professional to refer you.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
If you have a question about your appointment or transport, please call:
- cardiology valve clinic and structural heart disease clinic appointments, 020 7188 1014 or 020 7188 1022
- cardiology diagnostic appointments, 020 7188 0973
If you miss your appointment without telling us we may discharge you back to the person who referred you. We may not give you another appointment.
Before your appointment
- a list of all medicines you take
We'll send you:
- appointment notification letters by post, and
- appointment reminders by text message
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
During your appointment
You'll see a consultant or clinical nurse specialist. They may ask you about:
- your symptoms
- past medical history
- drug history
Please have this information ready, if possible.
After your appointment
We'll make a follow-up appointment if you need to have more tests.
We may refer you for:
- non-invasive cardiology testing
- an angiogram
- a lung function test
- blood tests
- a chest X-ray
- a transoesophageal echocardiogram
If you do not need to have any more tests we'll ask you to come for a surveillance appointment to check on your condition.
We'll call you or send you a letter to let you know the result of your appointment.
Please call 020 7188 7577 if you have any problems.
Last updated: October 2023