We provide facial and body prostheses for:
- trauma (injuries)
- birth defects (congenital malformations)
- surgery (for example, following tumour removal)
Prostheses are designed to replace a missing part of the body, for appearance purposes.
Our maxillofacial prosthetics unit is a regional centre. We cover south east London, Kent and the surrounding areas.
We provide services for:
- head and neck cancer (facial prosthetics, nasal, orbital, auricular, 3D surgical planning)
- ear nose and throat (ENT) (nose splints, keloid splints and sleep apnoea appliances)
- plastic surgery (breast and nipple prostheses, finger prostheses and custom-made silicone implants)
- eye (ocular and orbital prostheses)
- dental orthodontics (orthognathic model surgery planning, including 3D surgical planning)
- respiratory medicine (customised trachea tubes)
- cleft services (orthognathic model surgery planning, including 3D surgical planning)
- speech therapy (customised trachea tubes)
Changing Faces provides help and support for people with a scar, mark or condition on their face or body.
Lets Face It is an international support network for people with facial disfigurement, their families, friends, and professionals.
Research and clinical trials
We're part of a 5-year study mapping facial change using a 3D image capture system (stereophotogrammetry) in people with head and neck cancer.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.