How do I get an appointment?
You can be referred to our department by your GP, dentist or through your specialist consultant. Consultants at our hospitals can also refer you directly.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
If you need to change or cancel your appointment for any reason, please contact the Maxillofacial Unit on 020 7188 1864. Please tell us as soon as possible so we can offer your appointment to another patient.
Before your appointment
You will be sent a medical history form before your appointment. Please bring your completed form to your first appointment along with a list of any current medications you are taking
What to expect at your appointment
You will be seen by one of the maxillofacial prosthetists from the unit.
How long your appointment takes depends on the treatment you’re receiving. However, we will let you know how long we expect your appointment to last before each treatment session.
As this is a teaching hospital, students supervised by qualified staff might be involved in your care. It is valuable training for students and does not affect the quality of your treatment in any way, but please tell us if you do not want them to be present or involved. We will always respect your wishes.
After your appointment
We aim to help by:
- giving advice about future appointments and any possible treatment to be provided based on your individual needs
- the number and duration of each appointment
- advice on looking after your prosthesis
- telling you about other services you may find helpful, eg support groups and complementary therapies
If you have a problem with your prosthesis or require general information, please contact the team on 020 7188 1864.
- Changing Faces – a charity for people and families who are living with conditions, marks or scars that affect their appearance
- Lets Face It – international support network for people with facial disfigurement, their families, friends and professionals.