Sleep disorders centre
- a list of any medicines you're taking
- any drug allergies you may have
- copies of any correspondence from consultations with doctors in other hospitals, if available
During your appointment
Your appointment may be:
Please arrive no more than 20 minutes before your appointment
Our face-to-face appointments page has more information about what to expect.
Telephone and video appointments
If you have a phone or video appointment, we'll aim to call you at the appointment time. We may call up to 30 minutes before or after. Please have your phone close to you during this time.
Your first appointment will last 20 to 30 minutes. It may involve:
- taking a history of your sleep complaint
- a brief examination
- taking your weight and blood pressure
- completing a questionnaire to help us judge your degree of daytime sleepiness
After your appointment
Your clinician or technologist will explain what follow-up visits or investigations are needed.
If your appointment was face-to-face, a follow-up appointment will be made for you on the day.
If you had a phone or video call, we will send you a follow-up appointment digital letter a few days later, if needed.
If you have been referred for an overnight sleep study, this will usually take place within 6 weeks of your appointment. We will contact you to agree an overnight sleep study date.
A letter will be sent to you and your GP after your appointment.