The neurorehabilitation physiotherapy service at Guy's and St Thomas' has been developed to provide high quality neuro specific care.
- We provide initial consultations and a range of treatment options for all neuro conditions including Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis (MS) and stroke.
- We have an upper limb clinic which includes the upper limb rehabilitation clinic and the tone management service.
- We provide consultations for patients with idiopathic intracranial hypertension who need physiotherapy to help them to begin exercising as part of a weight loss plan.
- We run a joint session with the dietitian in the Harrison Wing at Guy’s Hospital once a week for HIV patients, alongside one-to one physiotherapy reviews (this includes advice regarding weight loss management, bone health and general fitness advice) and a five gym group seesions.
- We run a neurofibromatosis clinic once a week at Guy’s Hospital to assess and treat associated symptoms of the disease including musculoskeletal problems, balance and gait concerns.
- We assess those with a history of polio and those with post-polio syndrome. We provide exercise, gait aid advice and also fatigue management advice.
We believe it is important that we work together with you to produce a treatment plan that is meaningful to you and your lifestyle.
Our background as a teaching hospital means our physiotherapy teams have a range of specialist knowledge, clinical experience and postgraduate education.