Different specialists across our services work together to understand how pain is impacting your life and to develop a treatment plan aimed at reducing your pain.
Our services are made up of:
- long-term pain management and neuromodulation centre for assessing and treating people with chronic pain
- headache and facial pain for assessment, investigation and treatment
- inpatient pain for support on our wards
- INPUT pain management for helping you live with long-term pain and improving your quality of life
- Dr Giorgio Lambru, consultant neurologist
- Dr Ivona Tylova, consultant neurologist
- Dr Adnan Al-Kaisy, consultant in pain medicine and neuromodulation, clinical lead of the pain management centre
- Dr Stefano Palmisani, consultant
- Dr Thomas Smith, consultant
- Mr Nicholas Spahr, consultant physiotherapist in pain management
- Dr Anna Andreou, consultant headache neurophysiologist
- Dr Joseph Azzopardi
- Dr Fauzia Hasnie
- Dr Sandesha Kothari
- Dr Min Liu, consultant
- Dr Nicholas Padfield, consultant
- Dr David Pang
- Dr Jonathan Royds
- Dr Thomas Yearwood
- Dr Stephen Ward, consultant
Research and clinical trials
The pain and neuromodulation academic research centre is actively involved in ongoing research into chronic pain conditions and the development of interventions to treat them.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.