Adult epidermolysis bullosa (EB)
How to get an appointment
Your GP or dermatologist can refer you.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
Phone: 020 7188 0843
Email: [email protected]
If you miss your appointment we'll usually offer you another one. If you miss more than 1 appointment without letting us know we'll discharge you back to your GP or dermatologist.
Before your appointment
- a list of medicines you take, including creams and dressings
- spare dressings, if you wear them
During your appointment
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
You may see:
- a dermatology consultant or registrar
- a specialist nurse
- an EB nurse
We'll take a full medical history and may ask to examine any relevant areas of your skin.
You may also need to have:
- a blood test
- skin sampling (taking a swab or scraping to look for skin infections)
- skin biopsy (taking a small piece of skin under local anaesthetic)
We're a teaching hospital and sometimes students will be in the clinic to observe. We'll ask you if you are happy for them to be at your appointment. It will not affect your care if you prefer not to have them there.
After your appointment
We'll send you a letter about what we agreed at your appointment. Please contact us if you have any problems or questions.
Last updated: 15 August 2022