We hold our outpatient clinics in different locations at Guy's Hospital on different days of the week. Please ensure you check your outpatient appointment letter and/or appointment text message reminder for the correct location of your outpatient appointment.
The adult allergy service is a centre of excellence, serving the local community in Lambeth and Southwark, and provides specialist care across the country to individuals who suffer with allergic disease.
Over the past 40 years there has been a dramatic rise in the number of reported allergies. We aim to consider all of the allergies together, considering their impact and potential treatment on the physical and emotional well-being of each individual.
Through our active research program and excellent clinical services we are established leaders in the care of adults suffering with allergic disease.
Consultation, testing and help in one single visit
Our adult allergy service is an integrated clinical and academic unit based at Guy’s Hospital.
Our team provides expert advice, diagnostic tests and practical help, all within a single visit to our clinic.
We are committed to:
- providing a first class clinical service to all who are under our care
- approaching each person as an individual, drawing on the skills of the whole team to provide holistic care
- ensuring all our clinical staff are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- listening to our patients and adapting to their needs
- improving the treatment options available to our patients through an active research programme
- fostering a learning environment, supporting the educational development of our own staff as well as other health professionals.
The adult allergy service also includes a specialist dietitian to advise people with a food allergy or intolerance. This includes helping to understand food allergies, explaining which foods to avoid, finding suitable replacements and maintaining a healthy and balanced diet despite food restrictions. When testing is inconclusive, the dietitian may supervise exclusion and elimination diets, under the guidance of the allergy consultants.