Amputee and prosthetic regional specialist rehabilitation
We offer appointments:
The type of appointment will be based on your needs.
How to get an appointment
Your GP can refer you to our service.
Your GP must be in our referral area of:
- parts of Croydon and Kent
If your GP is outside these areas, we'll ask your GP to refer you to a suitable local service.
You may be referred by your hospital doctor, if:
- you have been in hospital recently and had an amputation
- have had an amputation and been unwell or had any new surgery
Changing your appointment
To change or cancel your appointment or if you're running late, please phone the team you have an appointment with.
If you're not sure which team to contact, please phone the centre reception.
If you do not attend your appointment and do not let us know, we may discharge you from our service and your GP may need to refer you again.
Before your appointment
Please arrive no more than 30 minutes before your appointment.
- loose clothing to change into, such as shorts and a t-shirt that are easy to put on and take off
- any food, drink or medicines you may need during your appointment, as you may be at the centre for several hours. The Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) sells sandwiches and drinks at the centre. Opening hours vary
- your sugar level monitoring kit, if you're diabetic
During your appointment
Each appointment is different depending on your needs.
You'll see a member of the team who'll carry out an assessment before any treatment begins.
You'll have the opportunity to discuss what your expectations are and set goals with the staff. At your appointment you may see 1 or more member of our team.
The number of appointments you need and how often they'll be depends on your needs. It is important that you attend all your planned appointments to meet your rehabilitation goals.
We train health professionals. Students may be present at the centre as part of their training. We'll ask you if students can observe or lead your session. Please let us know if you would prefer not to have students present. This will not affect your care in any way.
After your appointment
We'll book any follow-up appointments you need. We'll write to your GP to update them about your care.
If you have any questions or problems after your appointment, please phone the team you have been seeing.