Coronavirus: cancer update
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before attending the service.
About gynaecological cancer
There are many types of gynaecological cancer, often called women's cancers. The most common gynaecological cancers are:
- endometrial (womb lining) cancer
- ovarian cancer
- cervical (neck of the womb) cancer.
Rarer types include cancer of the vulva, vagina and fallopian tube.
- a one-stop diagnostic and assessment clinic, providing ultrasound, colposcopy, hysteroscopy and biopsies
- fertility preserving surgery for women of reproductive age with early cervical and ovarian cancers. Access to the assisted conception unit (ACU) for in vitro fertilisation (IVF), embryo freezing and advice on surrogacy
- advanced laparoscopic and robot assisted surgery (key hole surgery)
- complex radical surgery for recurrent gynaecological cancers, with reconstructive surgery, provided by a specialist team of pelvic surgeons.