Guy’s Cancer organises a range of events throughout the year for our patients, the public, staff and members.
To find out what’s going on, in and around our hospitals and community services and how you can get involved, see below.
Events at the Gordon Survivorship Centre
Health and wellbeing events for Cancer Centre patients
Our current health and wellbeing events are by invitation only. You can speak to your specialist nurse or therapist to find out more information about how to book a place.
- 'Moving forward' is held four times a year for breast cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Recovery in motion' is held once every six weeks for breast cancer patients after surgery and before starting additional treatment (chemotherapy and radiotherapy).
- Gordon Survivorship Centre and Dimbleby Cancer Care will run a health and well-being event all open to any cancer patient who has completed their treatment.
- 'Pre-treatment seminar for prostate cancer patients' is a mandatory seminar prior to starting treatment for prostate cancer.
- 'Erectile dysfunction and continence seminar' is for prostate cancer patients.
- 'Healthy hormones' is for prostate cancer patients. This seminar is held twice a year and is a whole day event.
- 'Discharge seminar' is for prostate cancer patients who have completed their cancer treatment. This seminar is held every three months.
- 'Lymphoedema group teaching session' takes place every other Monday in the afternoon. It is run by the specialist lymphoedema nurse or physiotherapist.
- 'End of rehab, what now event' is held four times a year for head and neck cancer patients.
- 'Physical activity for cancer survivors' is run in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support. This programme is open to all cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Lung cancer health and well-being event' is for lung cancer patients. This is a full day (10am-4pm). It is held once every two months.
- 'Health and well-being event for colorectal cancer patients' is held every four months (10.15am–4.10pm).
- 'Weight loss programme' is open to patients who have completed treatment for cancer.
Cancer Survivors' Day 2018
Thank you to everyone who was involved in this year's Cancer Survivors' Day, which took place on 24 June.
More than 20 models, who all recently finished or are still undergoing treatment for cancer, inspired others by taking part in a fashion show.
As well as the fashion show, the celebrations included live music. There were numerous talks and information stalls about science, health and wellbeing. The day also featured tours of the Cancer Centre’s radiotherapy floor, and our chaplaincy team encouraged visitors to write messages of hope to tie onto a tree outside. Many guests also participated in a Celebration Walk to celebrate cancer survivorship and raise vital funds for Guy’s Cancer.
You can see a photo album of our fashion show on the Guy's and St Thomas' Facebook page.
The Cancer Survivors’ Day events were organised by King’s Health Partners, which Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is part of. Read more about Cancer Survivors' Day.
For a full calendar of events, see our main events section.