Guy’s Cancer organises a range of events throughout the year for our patients, the public, staff and members.
To find out what else is going on, in and around our hospitals and community services and how you can get involved, see below.
Events at the Gordon Survivorship Centre
Health and wellbeing events for Cancer Centre patients
Our current health and wellbeing events are by invitation only. You can speak to your specialist nurse or therapist to find out more information about how to book a place.
- 'Moving forward' is held four times a year for breast cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Recovery in motion' is held once every six weeks for breast cancer patients after surgery and before starting additional treatment (chemotherapy and radiotherapy).
- Gordon Survivorship Centre and Dimbleby Cancer Care will run a health and well-being event all open to any cancer patient who has completed their treatment.
- 'Pre-treatment seminar for prostate cancer patients' is a mandatory seminar prior to starting treatment for prostate cancer.
- 'Erectile dysfunction and continence seminar' is for prostate cancer patients.
- 'Healthy hormones' is for prostate cancer patients. This seminar is held twice a year and is a whole day event.
- 'Discharge seminar' is for prostate cancer patients who have completed their cancer treatment. This seminar is held every three months.
- 'Lymphoedema group teaching session' takes place every other Monday in the afternoon. It is run by the specialist lymphoedema nurse or physiotherapist.
- 'End of rehab, what now event' is held four times a year for head and neck cancer patients.
- 'Physical activity for cancer survivors' is run in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support. This programme is open to all cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Lung cancer health and well-being event' is for lung cancer patients. This is a full day (10am-4pm). It is held once every two months.
- 'Health and well-being event for colorectal cancer patients' is held every four months (10.15am–4.10pm).
- 'Weight loss programme' is open to patients who have completed treatment for cancer.
Cancer Survivors' Day 2019
Thank you to everyone who was involved in this year's Cancer Survivors' Day, which took place at the Cancer Centre at Guy’s on Sunday 23 June.
Twenty models who have recently finished or are still undergoing cancer treatment strutted their stuff down the catwalk in an uplifting and inspiring fashion show.
As well as the fashion show, live music, seminars and exhibits, Cancer Survivors’ Day, which is supported by Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity, also featured a Celebration Walk.
Read more about Cancer Survivors' Day.
You can see a selection of photos from the day on the Guy's and St Thomas' Facebook page.
For a full calendar of events, see our main events section.