The gynaecology service at both Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals provide comprehensive care for women with a wide range of gynaecology issues. The service provides inpatient, outpatient and emergency services.
Our gynaecology ward at St Thomas’ Hospital cares for women who need to stay in hospital after surgery and emergency admissions. The ward has been fully modernised and many of the rooms provide superb views over the river Thames.
We run a wide range of general and specialist clinics including:
- suspicion of cancer rapid access clinic (strict referral criteria)
- cancer follow-up clinic
- multi-disciplinary oncology clinic
- colposcopy clinics
- continence and urodynamic service
- reproductive medicine clinic
- recurrent miscarriage service
- outpatient procedure clinics
- menopause clinic for women experiencing a problematic menopause or those requiring HRT (hormone replacement therapy) advice
- laparoscopic sterilisation clinic offeings counselling to women requesting sterilisation as a contraception option
- hormone dysfunction clinic
- minimally invasive surgery
- endometriosis clinics
See the clinics tab for further information.
The emergency gynaecology unit is based at St Thomas' and is open seven days a week.
Could you have fibroids?
Patients across Southwark and Lambeth have worked with Guy's and St Thomas' for a video about fibroids.