Lane Fox respiratory service
We care for people with long-term respiratory failure who need support from a ventilator (breathing machine).
We're one of the largest services in the UK for home ventilation and weaning people from mechanical ventilation.
Our service includes:
- assessing and treating people with respiratory failure, including home non-invasive ventilation
- a rapid access service for people with rapidly progressing neuromuscular conditions, including motor neurones disease
- an outreach service to visit and assess people at their local hospital or home
We work with other specialist services to care for people with complex neurological diseases.
These include the:
- post-polio service
- gastroenterology and enteral feeding service
- cardiology and heart failure service
- palliative care
We work with primary care services and local hospitals to support people with long-term conditions.
If you need to stay in hospital during your treatment, you'll stay on one of our specialist wards:
British Lung Foundation, helping people affected by lung conditions
Motor Neurone Disease Association, improving the care and support or people with motor neurone disease (MND)
Muscular Dystrophy UK, supporting people living with muscle-wasting
Consultants in the Lane Fox respiratory service:
- Nicholas Hart
- Georgios Kaltsakas
- Philip Marino
- Patrick Murphy
- Michelle Ramsay
- Simon Shaw
- Shelley Srivastava
- Joerg Steier
- Eui-Sik Suh
Our team includes:
- speech and language therapists
- occupational therapists
- technical services
Research and clinical trials
We carry out research into long term respiratory failure and home.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.