This page explains how you can contact our team.
How do I get an appointment?
You can be referred to our service by your hospital doctor, specialist nurse or GP. You are most likely to be referred to the service for a review of your physical symptoms or to discuss whether palliative care can help to manage your condition.
If you have been referred to us, we can arrange to see you at home, in the outpatient clinic or on the ward, depending on your needs.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
If you need to change your appointment or if you have any questions or concerns about your appointment, please contact the palliative care department on 020 7188 4754 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
For support at all other times contact your GP or your usual hospital team. You can also access support overnight and at weekends from the 111 service.
Before your appointment
Please bring to your appointment:
- a list of any medicines that you are currently taking. This includes anything that you get from your doctor on prescription, medicines you have bought yourself over the counter, and any alternative medicines, such as herbal remedies
- the names and contact numbers of any other health professionals who are involved in your support at home.
Please also bring a close relative or friend along to your appointment if you wish.
During your appointment
We aim to help by:
- giving advice about managing your pain and other physical symptoms
- offering practical suggestions to help you do the things that are important to you
- supporting you and those close to you while you are facing serious illness
- telling you about other services you may find helpful, eg support groups and complementary therapies.
The length of your appointment and the person you will see will be based on your individual needs.
Contacting the team
You can contact the team on 020 7188 4754 from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
If you reach our answer phone, please leave a clear message with your name and telephone number. The person who responds might not be your own nurse, but will be a member of our team.
Outside of these hours, on-call specialist advice is available and you will be provided with information about this when we meet you.
Please visit the palliative care patient leaflets page to see a list of leaflets produced by our department.