Breast/ovarian cancer family history
The cancer risk assessment service (CRAS) is for patients who have a personal and/or family history of breast or ovarian cancer to assess their familial cancer risk and provide guidance on how to manage it. The service is available for patients who live in or are registered with a GP in the boroughs of Bromley, Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark.
Bowel cancer family history
The cancer risk assessment service (CRAS) is for patients who have a personal and/or family history of bowel cancer and/or bowel polyps, ovarian cancer and/or endometrial cancer. The service is available for patients who are registered with a GP in the boroughs of Lambeth or Southwark.
Patients are offered an appointment during which their cancer family history is obtained. A family tree is drawn and risk categorisation is explained. All patients receive breast/bowel awareness, screening and lifestyle advice.
If indicated, patients are referred for enhanced breast or bowel screening. Chemoprevention is also discussed if relevant. A small proportion of patients may require a referral to the genetics clinic to discuss further options.
Clinics are held in Guy’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital, University Hospital Lewisham, and Princess Royal University Hospital.
How to access the service
Please note we can only accept self-referrals for patients with a family history of breast cancer.
- You can request a health professional (GP, practice nurse, oncologist, surgeon, specialist nurse) to refer you.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer you can book an appointment directly by calling 020 7188 1397 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kati Paalosalo-Harris: lead cancer family history nurse specialist
- Michelle Weston: cancer family history nurse specialist
- Rachel Williams: cancer family history nurse specialist
- Dr Vishakha Tripathi: consultant genetic counsellor
- Sarah Rose: principle genetic counsellor