We offer a complete service for the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer.
- fast assessment and diagnosis for suspected prostate cancer
- care planning taking into account all of your needs (holistic needs assessment)
- treatments for localised cancer including:
- regular monitoring (active surveillance)
- treatments for more advanced cancers such as:
- hormone therapy
- newer hormonal drugs
- clinical trials
- education and advice for you, your family and friends
- referral to other services such as physiotherapy and older persons services
- support from a dedicated team of nurse specialists
We're committed to providing you with personalised cancer care. You can read more about what this means on our cancer care and support page.
Prostate Cancer UK website has information and support.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.