If you need to stay in hospital overnight for a urology procedure or treatment you will stay on Aston Key or Florence ward. Please note:
- Florence ward is for male patients only.
- Aston Key ward is split into half female/half male. If you are a female patient with a query about your admission, please call Aston key ward. Occasionally patients may be admitted to another ward, such as Esther ward.
You will be asked to come to a pre-assessment clinic beforehand, to make sure you are fit enough for surgery.
Procedures involving a stay in hospital
- Robotic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) / holmium laser surgery
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Major open surgery – bladder removal; kidney removal; partial kidney removal
Where you will be admitted
If you are asked to come to hospital on the day:
- before your surgery, you will be admitted to Aston Key or Florence ward
- for your surgery you will be admitted to: