We currently have two vascular wards at St Thomas', staffed by our specialist, skilled vascular nurses.
What to expect at your appointment
- Review by a member of the vascular team.
- Examination and when possible scans.
- Discussion and explanation of recommended next steps.
After your surgery
- Our physiotherapy service, led by senior physiotherapist Matthew Fuller, will help mobilise you after your vascular surgery.
- The occupational therapy team will assess you to see if you need any new equipment to help you as you recover from your surgery.
- Our clinical nurse specialists will phone after you've returned home to see how you're progressing – they'll also make sure you have a contact number for one of them if you have any unexpected problems.
Outpatient clinics at Gassiot House (St Thomas')
- Monday morning: complex endovascular clinic – Mr Bijan Modarai and Mr Said Abisi
- Tuesday morning: deep venous clinic/lymphoedema clinic – Mr Stephen Black
- Tuesday afternoon: general vascular clinic – Mr Sanjay Patel
- Wednesday afternoon: general vascular clinic – Miss Rachel Bell and Mr Morad Sallam
- Thursday morning: general vascular clinic – Mr Hany Zayed, Mr Tommaso Donati, Mr Said Abisi and Mr Michael Dialynas
Outpatient clinics at Mitchener Day Unit (St Thomas')
Mitchener Day Unit is on the 12th floor, North Wing, St Thomas'.
- Alternate Monday afternoons: one stop veins clinic
- Alternate Thursday afternoons: one stop veins clinic
See access information for Mitchener Day Unit.
Outpatient clinics at Guy's Hospital (Southwark Wing)
- Wednesday morning: general vascular clinic – Miss Rachel Bell and Mr Morad Sallam.
Maps for Guy's and St Thomas' are available at Finding your way around.