Coronavirus: gastroenterology and hepatology
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before attending the service.
Our specialist services
- Specialist inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) services: telephone and outpatients clinics/ IBD infusion unit and advice line. Perianal virtual clinic.
- Hepatology: diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis B and C. Non alcoholic and alcoholic fatty liver disease. Metabolic liver diseases. Complications of cirrhosis/portal hypertension. Liver cancer (HCC) surveillance.
- Pancreatobiliary: diagnosis and management of pancreatic and biliary stones, chronic pancreatitis, biliary and pancreatic cancer and precancerous condition.
- Nutrition: Enteral feeding. Home and inpatient parenteral nutrition.
- Upper GI physiology unit: covers the most advanced techniques for the study of oesophageal disease, including pH impedance, high resolution manometry, 24 hour pH-monitorins, BRAVO 4-6 day wireless pH monitoring.
- Screening and early diagnosis of oesophageal cancer.
- Endoscopy: the endoscopy unit at St Thomas’ offers state-of-the-art facilities, including high quality fluoroscopy, general anaesthesia, scope guides, and live videoconferencing.
- Gastric balloons: for treatment of obesity.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS): diagnostic and therapeutic.
- Small bowel: capsule endoscopy, single balloon enteroscopy.
- Pancreatobiliary: ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography), biliary and pancreatic stenting, endoscopy drainage of pancreatic cysts and collections.
- Inpatients: our inpatients are mainly admitted to Alan Apley Ward.