Ageing and health
We provide a range of support for older people, including:
- our elderly care wards: Alexandra ward, Anne ward and Henry ward
- an assessment unit
- an acute older person's (frailty) unit on the emergency floor at St Thomas' Hospital
- an assessment service for people aged 70 and over on our wards
- support during cancer treatment
- support before, during and after surgery
- a continence service
- Southwark and Lambeth integrated falls service (SLIPS)
- consultant input in Lambeth and Southwark
- general and specialist clinics
If you need to stay in hospital during your treatment, you'll stay on one of our wards in the older person's unit:
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.