Coronavirus: ageing and health update
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before attending the service.
We provide the following specialist services:
- an inpatient acute and rehabilitation stroke care unit at St Thomas'
- an older persons assessment unit (OPAU) at Guy's, providing outpatient services
- our perioperative medicine for older people undergoing surgery (POPS) team
- inpatient and outpatient continence service for older people
- three inpatient wards at St Thomas'
- specialist ortho-geriatric liaison
- an older persons assessment and liaison (OPAL) team who assess all acute medical inpatients aged 70 years and over
- Southwark and Lambeth integrated falls service (SLIPS)
- consultant input to the Lambeth and Southwark home intermediate care teams
- general elderly, general medical and specialist clinics at Guy's, St Thomas', Whittington Centre, Lambeth Community Care Centre and Pulross Indermediate Care Centre.