The clinic aims to help male cardiac (heart) patients or those who have cardiac risk factors such as hypertension, hypercholestraemia, diabetes and smoking, who are experiencing sexual problems. This affects a large proportion of cardiac patients, usually as erectile dysfunction, which is where there are problems achieving or mantaining an erection.
The clinic provides a holistic approach to the management of men suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED) or sexual dysfunction (SD), who also have a cardiac condition or cardiac risk factors. The clinic:
- provides an easily accessible service for patients and their partners
- involves a thorough cardiovascular assessment
- estimates and minimises cardiovascular risks
- assesses and provides effective management of erectile dysfunction and sexual dysfunction.
- provides appropriate follow-up to assess whether treatment is working and to help patients lower their cardiovascular risk factors.