Coronavirus: Lambeth Enhanced Rapid Response Team update
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before sending any referrals.
Information for referrers
The Lambeth Enhanced Rapid Response Team provides medically stable adults with home based rehabilitation and support to promote functional independence.
The intensive, short-term multi-disciplinary rehabilitation aims to prevent hospital admission/readmission following an event or short term illness impacting on the patient’s ability to cope at home.
Ideally, the patient will have measurable rehabilitation goals, however the service also has the capacity to respond rapidly to ‘bridge the gap’ to assist patient’s with functional tasks (eg meal prep, personal care) during recovery or whilst a social services package is being set up.
The multidisciplinary team consists of physiotherapists, nurses, occupational therapists, support workers, pharmacy staff, social workers and a geriatrician for specialist medical advice.
Referrals can be made by any health or social care professional involved in the patient's care. The service is appropriate for people in immediate need of assessment and intervention at home, or in a nursing/residential care home, and needing extra support to help manage at home to prevent an unnecessary hospital admission.
How to refer a patient to our service
Referrals can only be made by health or social care professionals involved in the patient's care.
Referrals accepted: 8.30am-6pm, Monday - Sunday
Opening hours: 8.30am-9.30pm, Monday - Sunday
To make a referral, please call 0203 049 5751.
Our admin team will take your patient’s demographic details and pass you on to a clinician to discuss the case with you. The clinician will require some clinical information and may also need you to email supporting information to the team.
- Without Rapid Response input, the patient would otherwise need hospital admission.
- Patient must be 18 years of age or over.
- Patient must be able to transfer with maximum of assistance of one person or less (assistance of two people will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Patient must live in the London borough of Lambeth and be registered with a GP.
- Patient must currently be at home in the community (including care home residents) or have been in hospital for no longer than 48 hours (or 72 hours if referred within 48 hours).
- Patient must be home by 7pm for same day review.
- Primary reason for referral is a mental health or drug/alcohol problem.
- Referrals that can be effectively managed by standard social or health care services within the timeframe required.
Area of referrals
This service is for Lambeth residents.