Coronavirus: physiotherapy update
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before sending any referrals.
Who can refer
We accept referrals from GPs, midwives and hospital consultants.
How to refer
Please follow the same referral route as our musculoskeletal service.
- Urinary incontinence (for women and men)
- Faecal incontinence and bowel evacuation disorders (for women and men)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Birth-related pelvic floor dysfunction
- Perineal dysfunction associated with dyspareunia or vulvodynia
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Antenatal and postnatal musculoskeletal dysfunction including low back and pelvic pain and diastasis of rectus abdomins
- Manual therapy
- Individualised exercise programmes
- Soft tissue massage
- Dynamic control class/Pilates based exercises
- EMG biofeedback
- Neuromuscular electrical muscle stimulation
- Real time ultrasound
- Antenatal education class
- Bowel and bladder retraining