The Health Inclusion Team is a nurse-led specialist community team which provides primary health care level services for vulnerable groups (people experiencing homelessness, refugees, asylum seekers, people with addictions, people who frequently attend A&E and people who are street homeless). The homeless service is across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. The refugee, asylum seeker and addiction services are across Southwark and Lambeth.
Our team provides a range of free and confidential services, including:
- screening for blood borne viruses
- sexual health screening
- contraception advice including administration of long acting reversible contraception
- cervical screening
- routine blood tests
- treatment for minor illnesses, wounds or injuries
- advice on how to manage long-term diseases
- advice and intervention for people who suffer from long-term pain related to traumatic experiences
- health promotion for young people in homeless hostels
- referrals to other services where necessary
- care workers support for Refugees and asylum seekers
- primary care GP service for destitute failed asylum seekers
- street outreach (Southwark and Lambeth) health service in collaboration with the street outreach team for rough sleepers.