The Health Inclusion is a nurse-led specialist community team which provides primary health care level services for vulnerable groups (the homeless, refugees, asylum seekers and drug and alcohol users). The homeless service is across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. The refugee, asylum and drug and alcohol services are across Southwark and Lambeth.
Our clinics are run at day centres, drug and alcohol services or hostels based across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. They are all drop-in services, so you do not need an appointment.
Our team provides a range of free and confidential services, including:
- a full health assessment
- screening for blood borne viruses
- sexual health screening
- contraception advice
- routine blood tests
- treatment for minor illnesses, wounds or injuries
- advice on how to manage long-term diseases
- advice and intervention for people who suffer from long-term pain related to traumatic experiences
- health promotion for young people in homeless hostels
- referrals to other services where necessary
- care workers support for Refugees and asylum seekers
- primary care GP service for destitute failed asylum seekers
- street outreach (Southwark) health service in collaboration with the street outreach team for rough sleepers.