For more information about our children's services, see the Evelina London Children's Hospital website.
How do I get an appointment?
You need to have a referral from your GP to be seen at our clinic. Clinics run Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Cancelling or changing your appointment
Before your appointment
It is important that your ears are always clear of wax when you come for your appointment. Wax may:
- prevent us from performing your hearing test
- prevent us from fitting your hearing aid
- cause whistling when we fit your hearing aid.
If you are prone to wax build up, please visit your GP or practice nurse to check your ears for wax before you come for your appointment.
If you need reading glasses, please bring these with you. This is because hearing aids are quite small and therefore can be difficult to see when explaining how the hearing aid works. Additionally, we may refer to booklets and leaflets during appointments, which may be difficult to read without your glasses.
What to expect at your appointment
Your appointment will take about an hour. You may have a:
- hearing assessment
- hearing aid issue appointment
- hearing therapy appointment
- balance appointment
- more detailed assessment of your hearing using advanced tests.
After your appointment
If you need a follow-up appointment, we will arrange this for you.
You need to have a referral from your GP or ENT consultant to be eligible for a home visit. Appointments areavailable Monday - Friday, mornings and afternoons. Our hearing therapist can offer:
- home visits to housebound / bed bound patients in the community
- home visits to patients in care homes, residential homes and sheltered housing.