The @home services are made up of the @home service and pal@home service. Both provide a complimentary range of services to support you in your own home.
The @home service
The @home service provides a range of services to support you in your own home. This service enables you by either preventing unnecessary admission to hospital, or by helping you return home sooner with extra support between 8am and 11pm.
The service offers:
- close patient monitoring, with short-term intervention in a serious episode of ill health
- urgent clinical assessment for very unwell patients
- initial treatment and on-going monitoring of a patient
- care 365 days of the year, 8am to 11pm, with access to overnight help
- two-hour response time for urgent medical assessment
- daily visits to patients, up to four times a day when necessary
- home visits by a consultant or an @home GP when required
- end of life (EOL) care with overnight support
- intensive physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy support, such as the health exercise programme (HEP) to help patients be as mobile as possible.
Pal@home service supports you by providing you with an out of hour’s palliative nursing care service at home between 8pm and 8am, seven days a week to reduce avoidable hospital admissions and support patients at their preferred place of death.
Patients can be treated at home for the following clinical interventions:
- nursing care and comfort, urgent assessment
- stat doses of medication
- review, monitoring of new symptoms
- management/urgent set up of syringe drivers
- settling newly discharged patients
- clinical care eg urinary retention, blocked catheters, leaking wounds, incontinence (bladder/bowel).
Patient situations may include:
- acute deterioration
- symptom control or monitoring
- anxiety/distress for patient or family
- nursing care/interventions
- clinical emergency/urgent review
- imminent death
- pre/post death family support
- care after death.