Coronavirus: adult continuing healthcare team (ACHT) update
Due to increased demand on the hospital due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are having to make significant changes to our services.
Patients and relatives
Due to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation the majority of functions for the adult continuing healthcare team have been suspended until further notice. This is a national impact and measures are in place to ensure that those requiring funding through both the Funded Nursing Care (FNC) and Continuing Healthcare (CHC) pathways will continue to be supported. These changes are helping to support Guy's and St Thomas' to prepare for demand created by the current situation and keep as many people as possible safe and healthy.
We understand that this may generate questions and concerns for patients and their families. Please continue to follow guidance released through government updates and from us directly.
If you are a patient currently in receipt of FNC or CHC funding you can expect this to continue uninterrupted through the current situation. There are still clinicians on-hand to provide case management and support throughout this time. If you have specific questions about your funding or package of care please contact the service on any of the details below (please note, email is the preferred method of contact at this current time. Only use the telephone contact details for urgent matters).
Telephone: 020 3049 8834
Adult continuing healthcare team
Walworth Road Clinic
159-167 Walworth Road
The Adult Continuing Healthcare Team (ACHT) provide support and specialist clinical advice to registered nursing care homes in Lambeth and Southwark. The team work across sectors, acting as a bridge between private care homes and other services.
Our work includes:
- undertaking continuing health care and funded nursing care assessments and reviews
- case management of NHS continuing health care clients in the community and development of support plans and supporting carers
- clinical review of complex clients in conjunction with consultant physicians
- partnership working with social services around safeguarding, and GP enhanced service (Southwark and Lambeth)
- partnership and collaborative working with the local clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and social services in delivering safe, effective and appropriate healthcare needs assessments of patients on the ‘discharge to assess’ pathway.