Guy's and St Thomas’ works in partnership with King’s College Hospital to provide the integrated heart failure service in Southwark and Lambeth. The service provides specialist care in both the hospital and community as well as support for GPs on heart failure diagnosis and management. This website page is about the service provided in the community and for local GPs. For more information on the hospital services, please visit the hospital heart failure service pages.
Together, we aim to treat your condition, to help you understand and manage your symptoms and support you with lifestyle changes.
- provide specialist heart failure clinics in the community, led by our nurse specialist team
- ensure you are on the appropriate medications based on current evidence
- provide help and guidance on caring for and treating people with heart failure in Southwark and Lambeth
- work closely with GPs and health professionals involved in your care
- work closely with psychologists, psychiatrist and social care professionals to provide psychological or social support where needed
- provide educational materials for people with heart failure and their families or carers to enable them to manage symptoms of heart failure.
You will be referred to our service following hospital admission, or by your GP, or through a hospital outpatient appointment.
To support GPs, each of the five localities in Southwark and Lambeth has a dedicated heart failure team. Each team has a named heart failure consultant cardiologist, heart failure nurse specialist and clinical pharmacist. To find out who works in your local area please visit the team page.
For more information about support for GPs, including virtual clinics and GP education resources, please visit our referrals page.
Are you a heart failure patient living in Southwark and Lambeth, or a local GP, practice nurse, practice manager or other clinician interested to find out more about the integrated heart failure service? If you have comments or suggestions, please email Amy Clark (project manager integrated heart failure service) firstname.lastname@example.org.