We are the largest skull base unit in London, working jointly with King's College Hospital to treat patients both in the UK and worldwide.
Our unit manages and treats diseases and conditions in, or close to, the side (lateral) or front (anterior) surface of the base of the skull.
- vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma)
- skull base meningiomas
- cervical and skull base paragangliomas
- other cranial nerve tumours including parapharyngeal schwannomas
- olfactory neuroblastoma and other sinonasal malignancy
- juvenile nasal angiofibroma
- clival chordoma
- petrous apex pathology
- encephalocele and CSF leaks.
We discuss individual cases in our team meeting, which involves experts from all of the relevant specialties. Patients will then be seen in the appropriate clinic.
Intradural (within the head) surgery is carried out at King's College Hospital. Extradural (surgery confined to the upper neck or bone of the skull base) surgery is mainly carried out at Guy's.