- Platelet function screening (PFA-100)
- Platelet function analysis (Hypo and Hyper-aggregability)
- Platelet lysate markers (platelet VWF:Ag & fibrinogen:Ag)
- HIT (ELISA + aggregometry)
- Platelet glycoprotein analysis
- Platelet nucleotides
- VWF inhibitor
- HIT & lysate results are available within 2 weeks.
Platelet function, VWF inhibitor and glycoproteins are performed on the day of request and reports available within one week. For Nucleotide assays please contact the laboratory for testing and result progress.
External users may contact the laboratory for information related to result progress.
Requests for platelet assays must be discussed with a consultant of the Centre for Haemostasis and Thrombosis.
Citrate (blue top tube)
Serum (yellow top tube)
One 4.5ml citrated sample is required for Platelet function screening (PFA-100). One 4.5ml citrated sample plus one 5ml non anticoagulated serum sample is required for HIT testing, however, all other platelet based tests require freshly prepared special bottles available from the laboratory.
Please call 020 7188 2797, Monday to Friday, 9am-5.15pm.